Sunday, January 15, 2006

Insights into coping

This blog is an exploration of the mind. It is a journey of the past and the present. Although I consider myself to be a healthy, good spirited person, I have had my share of turmoil, a bout of saddness and depression. All healthy, all for good reason. Exploring these feelings of the past I have come to the following conclusion.
Everyone deals with difficult times differently. I believe as long as the path out of depression and chaos does not harm too many people too severly that what ever it takes to climb out of the pit of dispair is not only normal but healthy.
What is too severly? I believe everyone is allowed bad days and good friends will forgive them a bad temper now and again or a cynical sarcastic morbid humor on occasion. And this allowance of mistreatment toward your friends is extended in times of need. When such behavior would otherwise be deemed very inappropriate, in some circumstances is very healthy. I definately do not condone the abuse of such allowances but guilt should not follow from the realization that your behavior may have caused some individuals discomfort when you are finding your way again.

No comments: